In 2019 I am completing my bachelor's degree in Computational Linguistics. Afterwards I want to earn a master's degree in CL or a related field. My long term goal is to become an NLP engineer.
Throughout my studies I have worked as a freelancer. I'm used to working with confidential data, a task I have always fulfilled conscientiously. Apart from that I have a considerable interest in learning about new technologies.
Below you can find information about my education and some of the work experience I've had so far. If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to message me!
Currently I am pursuing a degree in Computational Linguistics. Since I almost earned my degree I know about the currently relevant aspects of this scientific field.
- At first I learned all the basics of working with Salesforce: processing leads, merging contacts, creating reports, finding duplicates, etc.
- After a while I recognized that some of these tasks can be automated. I came up with a Python script to automatically guess a customer's gender with an accuracy of >87%. Invalid data was ignored.
- Another script I wrote was to automatically add zip codes, given a correct address.
- Currently I am working on a more complex system to find duplicates.
- My main task was to restore old magazine articles from the 1930s that were in poor condition. I extracted most of the included texts using OCR methods. The respective illustrations were enhanced using GIMP. Afterwards they looked as good as new.